Asheville, NC-based singer/songwriter Angel Olsen just released her third album. But will the timeless pop on 'MY WOMAN' make you roar? Watch our review to find out.
New album reviews every Tuesday!
• Waxahatchee, Courtney Barnett, and Kurt Vile playing Fleetwood Mac covers
• Patsy Cline takes a Joan Jett to Lucius-ville
• Jumps across eras to bring out the best parts of 60s girl groups, 70s country, 80s indie and 90s grunge
• Shows growth/evolution from previous efforts - takes some really rewarding risks – variety of sounds, longer tracks
• Feels like a vinyl record with faster, punchier tracks on Side A and more contemplative, meandering songs on side B
• Tracks: Shut Up Kiss Me, Not Gonna Kill You, Heart Shaped Face
• Some later tracks (Sister, Woman, Pops) were a little slower, meandering
Angel Olsen -- MY WOMAN -- Album Review
Episode #257 -- Published 9/7/16
Last Week's Album