The Austin, Texas guy/girl roots duo The Wind & The Wave return with a more ambitious sophomore album. But do they get lost or found on this new record? Watch our review to find out.
New album reviews every Tuesday!
• Jenny Lewis, Tom Petty, and Nathaniel Rateliff & The Night Sweats take a trip inside their own souls to explore all the feels
• Shovels & Rope and Of Monsters and Men play The Cranberries covers on the beach
• Achieved the "rawer, rougher" sound they were going for
• The variety of emotions come through loud and clear
• Strong lyrics are relatable and brutally honest
• They expand their sonic palette really well without losing their signature sound
• Key Tracks: Before the World Explodes, Take Me Back, Under the Skin, Really Wanna Love Somebody, The Redhead in Aberdeen,
• They sound a little too slick on a few tracks (My Mind Is An Endless Sea, Lets Forget That I Was Ever Even Here, Anything For You)
The Wind & The Wave -- 'Happiness Is Not a Place' -- Album Review
Episode #269 -- Published 12/13/16
Last Week's Album